Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Ambulance Wrecking

Well today I fixed the bumper of the ambulance- permantley fixed it. We were going to lunch at Wingers- and i was backing up into my parking space paying very close attention to getting that big old sucker in between the yellow lines. Well my crew member Shelly was in the back and I heard her yell "Watch out for the curb!" or at least thats what I thought she said.... and for any of you that know me.... I shouted "yeah yeah I know" thinking- big deal its a curb?? Well... that curb turned out to be a big cement base to a light pole. LOL, yes backed right into it- and not softly either. Those bumpers are made of steel plated heavy metal and arent easily dented- well unless your me I guess. So I am not ever living that one down! I had to go immediately to the hospital for drug testing, pictures had to be taken... the whole nine yards. I am happy to report that thanks to my co-workers that have done more serious damage I still get to drive :) But at the very least it was a little humiliating. So for all of my friends that have backed into the yellow- painted poles at walmart, shut the garage doors on your open hatches of your new vehicles (you know you who are)- you ARE NOT ALONE!! Blonde moments happen more and more the older you get.

2 comments:

  1. LOL I love it! I've definitely had my share of blond moments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA HA! I am laughing at you. That is so funny, and the best part is that you had to go get drug tested. LOL that is so funny. I can just see you all, standing there. Thanks for posting this it brightened my day :)

    ReplyDelete