Tuesday, December 29, 2009

What are friends for?

This is my sad moment.. but I really need to get it out here. My best friends husband died tragically on Saturday night (Dec 26th). I will leave the details out not only because its personal to everyone involved, but because some people couldn't handle the details. I have had this triangle of friends- we call the "Love Triangle"- me, Brook and Tracy- friends forever- sisters if you will. When you become best friends with someone you vow to always help them and be there through EVERYTHING.... will this definitely takes the cake. Tracy is the strongest out of the three of us, she is a rock, and is hard to crack and get into her circle but once your in... your in. Well, now Brook and I have to be her rock for a while. I have experienced things as a friend I thought I would NEVER have to... this has been the most devastating thing I have ever witnessed.
Its amazing to see all the generous people that come out of the woodwork when something like this happens. To all of you who have donated money, food, firewood, love and compassion- GOD BLESS YOU!! I truly didn't realize how many people are out there who will lend a hand or give anything they have when given the opportunity. Thanks to everyone for the emotional support as well, for Tracy, the kids, the family, and for me to.
I would like to also tribute Ken. Even though this wasn't the best way to leave, I understand why it happened. We will never know the battles you fought... but we LOVE you! I will NEVER be able to go camping or to Las Vegas without thinking of you and raising a toast! Thanks for loving my best friend with more love than she could ever realize! Thanks for being such a great Dad to the kids- they worshiped the ground you walked on. You were truly a loving and kind person who never worried about yourself- only everyone else. I hope you are with Marty. Work hard in heaven, conquer your battles, become your best self. I am sending all my love. Please watch over your family.
To Tracy, I have already vowed my life and any extra time I have to you. You would do the same for me. I love you and will help you get through this, I promise. The road is going to be long and hard but we will make it!!! Your not alone- EVER! I have prayed for you the last few days, and that's something I haven't done in years. Please hang on... we love you.
To the rest of everyone who reads this... hug your family and friends every time you see them. Let them know you care... you never know when someone needs just a little something. Live every day like its you last. Life flies by.

No comments:

Post a Comment